Friday, May 9, 2008

Momma's new hair


Well....I turned lemons into lemonade....
I have been neglecting getting my hair cut and just as I was going to put forth the effort to make an appointment to get it done I was reminded of the charity "Locks of Love" that takes donations of hair to make wigs for children who for medical reasons cannot grow hair or have temporary hair loss.  

At that time I wasn't quite to the 10 inches you need to have but I finally got there and on Wednesday night during the counsel time message to the Awana Kids at church I gave them the example of loving your neighbor by having my pony tail (actually two pony tails cuz my hair is so thick) cut off in front of the them and my friend Amy who is a hair stylist came and did it and told the kids about the program.  It definitely had a bigger impact on the girls than the boys but even more on the leaders.

So here is my new "ponytailess" hair do.  Photography by Seth.

2 comments:

My name is Stacie... said...

You go girl! I wish I could have been there to see it but I love the new "doo!"

patti said...

looks great and for a fantastic cause