Thursday, February 7, 2008

Love Story....5 year old style

Monday afternoon:
When I picked up Seth from school he informed me that Mary told him that she was his girlfriend. I asked him how that happened and he told me that Mary had broken up with Caleb. [my thoughts: BREAKING UP? WHAT DOES A 5 YEAR OLD KNOW ABOUT BREAKING UP!] Remaining calm I asked him what does breaking up mean.

"It means you don't play with them anymore" Seth replied. [not to bad I thought]

Tuesday morning:
When I dropped him off at school I asked the teacher what was going on....Mary is Seth's girlfriend? Mary has "broken up" with Caleb? The teacher grinned and started explaining that Mary is a girl in another class who comes down to their class for lunch and nap time. Seth had informed his teacher on Monday that he had to sit by Mary. The teacher said even though she has a boy table and girl table at lunch that Seth sat at the girl table so he could sit by Mary. The teacher also commented that he had picked a "high maintenance" one. [my thoughts: his dad will be able to help him with this!]

Tuesday afternoon:
I pick Seth up from school and he breaks the news that Mary broke up with him. :-(

Wednesday morning:
When I saw Seth's teacher she started grinning and said "I've got to tell you what happened yesterday." The story goes that they were on the playground and Mary started yelling at Seth that she didn't want to be his girlfriend anymore. Seth got a distraught look on his face and when the teacher went to him he stated that "he needed a moment....could he go have a moment". She gave him his "moment". In the meantime the guys huddled around him to lend their support and encourage him that he didn't need a girlfriend and he should just hang with the guys.

Thursday:
I asked what the word was today on Mary and he said he didn't play with her today.

Like sands through the hour glass.....those are the days of our lives.....

4 comments:

aunty and gracie lu said...

does gracielufreebird need to have a talk with mary?

Penny said...

This is so funny!! I miss you girl!!

The Corbins said...

steph! what a great story! i love it!! poor seth! he'll have plenty of girlfriends on down the road!!! classic!

patti said...

what a great story....he'll be breakin' lots of hearts just you wait!