Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"i'll pray for you momma"

On the days I take Seth to school I always try to pray for him on the way.  We picked the big American Flag we see as our reminder to pray.  When I pray for him I usually pray for him to have a good day, be a friend to everyone, eat all his lunch, learn lots, and be happy when I pick him up.

Yesterday he offered to pray for me.  It went something like this....
"Dear God, 
Thank you for today.  Thank you for Momma.  Please help her have a good work day...and help her be good today....and help her be really good....and help her.  Amen."

When I picked him up I was sure to update him on what a great day I had and thanked him for praying for me.

Today I was leaving for Chicago for a trip and would be away for a few days.  On the way to school I prayed for him and again he prayed for me.  

Today's Prayer recap
"Dear God,
Thank you for today.  Help Momma have a good work day...and help Momma have a good trip.  Help Momma to not get lost and help her to stay safe and in safe places.  Please take care of Daddy so he can take care of me....and when Momma gets back we can all take care of each other.  Amen."

Yes....I had tears in my eyes.

2 comments:

Southern Fried Gal said...

Hey girl (It's Carmella)...What a cute story! I pray out loud in front of Jaden, too. My favorite prayer from him is...

Dear Jesus, please help daddy at work today so he can pay those old bills.

Happy New Year, friend! I miss you! Stop by for a virtual visit when you get a chance and hopefully we can have a real one soon, too!

Mrs. Fultz said...

Hey! We try to make our prayers special also...Logan's goes something like this.

"God, Please help Michael make good grades at school and help me not pull any cards at school so I don't have to get in trouble and help Lindsey do good at school and help Dad go to school so he doesn't have to go to work and help us sleep good and have sweet dreams so we don't wake up like crabby patties."

It's so wonderful to know that there are other parents trying to teach their children the same morals and values.

It's my prayer that Seth grow in God's light and that you are Blessed for being such an incredible role model for him!